The Anatomical School at Cambridge University was opened in 1716, although anatomy had been taught since the founding in the 13th century. "The Anatomical School is a building...situated in Queen's Lane, at the back of Catherine Hall. It contains a large collection of rare and valuable preparations, and is fitted up with a theatre, for the purpose of lectures, which are delivered annually in Lent term by the Professor of Anatomy." From William Combe, A history of the University of Cambridge : its colleges, halls, and public buildings, v. 2. Published by R. Ackermann. Biology, medicine.
Materials from the Caltech Archives are made available online for research purposes. Permission for reproduction, distribution, public display, performance, or publication must be obtained in writing from the Head of Archives. The Caltech Archives makes no representation that it is the copyright owner in all of its holdings. It is the responsibility of the user to obtain all necessary rights and clearances for use of materials. For questions, contact Head of Archives.